MultiPlast provides the hospitality industry with environmentally friendly products such as trash can liners, ice bucket liners and generic, or custom print laundry bags.
Eco Friendly Packaging
- A hotel brand/chain with 100,000 rooms generates approximately 2.5 MILLION pounds of plastic waste annually from trash can liners, ice bucket liners and laundry bags.
- According to the EPA, 8.5% of plastic material in the U.S. is recycled. Another 15.8% is combusted for energy, leaving 75.7% that is sent to landfills.
- By converting to MultiPlast BEDA®Bags, this plastic waste will be converted to biodegradable waste, significantly reducing stress on the environment.
- MSI has numerous sizes of bag-type products made with BEDA® that will enable your property to offer Packaging with a Conscience™ as part of your sustainable initiative.
Hospitality plastic bag waste info:
- Key hotel product categories (yearly)
- Guestroom Wastebasket Liners: 2.1 lbs./room
- Guestroom Ice Bucket Liner: 0.1 lbs./room
- Guestroom Laundry Bag: 1.1 lbs./room
- General Lobby Trash Liners: 22.4 lbs./room
- Approximately 25 lbs./room/year
A hotel brand with 500,000 rooms at normal occupancy levels would generate 12.5 MILLION pounds (6,250 TONS) of plastic bag waste.