BEDA® (Bio-Enhanced Degradable Additive) is a MultiPlast Systems proprietary additive, that when added to resin during production @ 1% let down will attract microbes that will attach, absorb, and naturally degrade plastic products discarded into landfills.
BEDA® (Bio-Enhanced Degradable Additive)
- About 8.5% of plastic material in the US is recycled. *
- Currently, the U.S. has 2,627 active landfills with 565 sites operating methane gas to energy projects. An additional 475 sites are developing turning methane gas into energy. **
- Technical Definition – Biodegradation is the breakdown of organic matter by micro-organisms, such as bacteria and fungi. ***
- No special handling or storage required/ is NOT Oxo degradation/ does not produce toxic residue or heavy metals harmful to living organisms when BEDA is added to production.
- ASTM D5511 & D5338 independent laboratory tested and certified.
Click here to view PDF comparison chart.
**Foch DD. “Biodegradation”. Access Science.
***EPA August 2020